1. ______ the Radio Communications Directory, there are 16,376 licensed radio stations currently broadcasting.
A。 Due to B。 Taken by C。 Required by D。 According to
2. Dr. Corley holds a Ph.D. in anthropology, and ______ a book about the Nile delta last October.
A. publish B. published C. publisher D. publishing
3. Under ______ and chief executive Diane Johnson, Johnson Legal has become a successful law firm.
A。 found B。 founder C。 founded D。 foundation
4. The e-mail server will be down ______ between 9:30 and 10:00 p.m. on Wednesday so that we can upgrade the software.
A. permanently B. immediately C. temporarily D. successfully
5. Unfortunately, the New York office has failed ______ its sales goals in each of the last three quarters.
A. achieves B. to achieve
C. achievement D. the achievements
6.About 40% of patients ______ come to the Dearfield Emergency Room have only minor injuries.
A. who B. whom C. whose D. whose are
7.The machine looked like a large ______, old-fashioned typewriter.
A. forceful B. clumsy C. intense D. tricky
8。 I'm sure there is ______。
A. some detail for information B. some room for negotiation
C。 some place for discount D。 some objectives to be reached
9。 ______, its resistance would be increased。
A. The wire has a smaller diameter B. Was the wire of a smaller diameter
C. Were the wire of a smaller diameter D. A smaller diameter the wire has
10。 The lecture which lasted about three hours was so ______ that the audience couldn't help yawning。
A. tedious B. bored C. clumsy D. tired